Libsyn Code goes underneath
From Photographer to Sharing Good News with Branden Harvey
Note: This episode was recorded before the death of George Floyd.
- Branden has pivoted from full-time freelance photographer to running a newspaper where he works on sharing good news stories with the world.
- Branden first started pivoting by becoming a intentional story-telling photographer focused on brands doing good and non-profits.
- As a career, Branden focuses on sharing good news of people moving the needle for good in the world.
- “What gets me out of bed in the morning is this deeper meaning and this deeper message… so then I started exploring, ‘ok what does it look like to maintain that core principal, that core thing I’m passionate about, but maybe venture out of photography?'”
- Photography can just be an expression of your life and brand mission.
- Branden started gaining a following on Instagram of people who wanted to hear good news.
- When Branden saw a space for “real messy hope” – stories of people making a real difference in the world – he started looking for a company to work with. When he didn’t see anywhere, he knew he had to start something himself.
- The Goodnewspaper started with a newsletter, and then a podcast. You can hear the internal exploration on the podcast as Branden finds his place and passion in the world as he comes up with the newspaper.
Connect with Branden Harvey