Connecting Deeper with Your Wedding Couples
- Katy went to school in Oregon and went full time with photography directly from school. After growing up in the outdoors, she developed a love for shooting outside.
- After starting out wanting to be a fashion photographer, Katy started shooting weddings after working for the newspaper and being asked by a friend to shoot weddings with them.
- Although she wasn’t sure if she loved weddings at first, things turned around and she has been a full-time wedding photographer since. She moved from second shooting to booking her own weddings, and realized her heart was more in weddings than what she thought corporate photography was.
How to Go About Connecting Deeper with Your Wedding Couples
- You can deep dive and really get to know your couples in order to connect with them.
- Families and friendships can really help you understand a couple and what their wedding day will look like.
- Joy is harder to come by in 2020, and weddings are really important to couples and to families and friends this year especially!
- You don’t have to be pushy or pry, but people love to talk about themselves.
- If your couple keeps making it through little filters, then by the time they talk with you, they know what to expect.
Connect with Katy Weaver