The Pros and Cons of Photobooths
Photobooths have become a staple at wedding receptions across the world. The question I have for you is simple. Why aren’t you, the photographer, offering photobooths as part of your services? There are pros and cons of photobooths, so take a look at the facts.
In this episode of The Bearded Tog podcast, I talk with Brandon Wong. He is the founder and CEO of Photo Booth Supply Co. Because of his background, his biggest goal is to help businesses create more revenue.
Brandon shares how he transitioned out of wedding photography. He launched a launch a photo booth company. Now he shares why every photographer should own a photo booth.
Brandon’s Takeaways on the Pros and Cons of Photobooths
- Because wedding photographer can only physically photograph so many weddings per year, earning additional income when you’ve hit your cap is tricky. With photobooths, photographers can give their clients something that they were probably already going to purchase. This means taking home more money.
- Photobooth Supply Company’s photo booths are designed to make the experience easy, fun, and interactive for the wedding guests. You only need to hire an attendant if you are concerned about security for your equipment.
- Additionally, if you do hire an attendant, make sure they are there to serve the guests and encourage them to have fun. A teenager standing there bored on their phone doesn’t look professional.
- Because it’s so visible, having a photo booth provides an amazing marketing opportunity for you as the photographer. Each photobooth collects the guests’ emails. You can send them a link to the gallery, and a promotional pitch for your services. (Do make sure to comply with email collection laws and regulations!)
- Because a photobooth is now a mandatory line on a wedding budget, take advantage. If it’s going to be at the event, you as the photographer should be the one to offer it.
- Every wedding guest is important. However, it’s hard for a photographer to be able to capture all of them on the wedding day. A photobooth ensures there will be plenty of pictures of the guests.
Check out The Photobooth Supply Co!
Connect with Brandon Wong
Join The Facebook Group: The Bearded Tog Podcast with Adam Mason
See Adam Mason’s work here: adammason.com